Mapei Eco Prim Grip is a multi-purpose, ready-to-use primer for internal and external floors and walls. It creates a rough keying surface that improves the bond of adhesives to non-absorbent substrates.
Mapei Eco Prim Grip can be used to improve the bond of all types of cement, gypsum and lime-based plasters on substrates made from concrete, brickwork, Vibro-compressed concrete blocks, lightweight blocks and gypsum. It’s also suitable for improving the bond of adhesives for ceramics, smoothing and levelling compounds on non-absorbent surfaces, such as ceramic, terrazzo and natural stone floors.
Mapei Eco Prim Grip is a solvent-free primer composed of synthetic resin. It guarantees a rough keying surface ideal for render, smoothing and levelling compounds, thus ensuring an excellent bond on smooth substrates and substrates with low absorbency, reducing and evening out the absorption of water of absorbent surfaces. Once dry, it guarantees a tough bond of any cementitious render on various types of substrate: concrete, lightweight cellular cement blocks, bricks, stone, plasterboard, wood, ceramic, metal, render, gypsum, etc.
Product application should be between temperatures of +5°C and +35°C. Do not use Mapei Eco Prim Grip in the presence of rising damp of rising humidity, and on continuously immersed surfaces. Do not use as an adhesion promoter for adhesives and levelling compounds on screeds and power-trowelled concrete.
Mapei Eco Prim Grip Primer Application
- Mapei Eco Prim Grip may be applied to the substrate with either a roller, brush or roller.
- For render and levelling compounds, this may be applied once the product is dry.
- The minimum waiting time is from 15 to 60 minutes according to the surrounding conditions and the absorption of the substrate.
- It’s possible to apply a second coat from the application of the first coat after a long time.
Consumption varies between 0.20 and 0.30 kg/m² according to the absorption of the substrate.
- Consistency: Creamy Liquid
- Colour: Grey
- Density (g/cm³): 1.48
- pH: 8.5
- Dry solids content (%): 70
- EMICODE: EC1 Plus – extremely low emission level
- Application temperature range: from +5°C to +35°C
- Waiting time before applying render: 15-20 minutes (dependant on substrate’s temperature and porosity)
- Waiting time before applying smoothing compound: 30 minutes (dependant on substrate’s temperature and porosity