Marshall Mono Common Brick, designed to be used for all types of construction above and below damp proof course level. Can be layed independently or in conjunction with dense aggregate blocks.
The aggregates used in the manufacturing process, provide density, strength and thermal conductivity values. Which are compatible with the majority of dense concrete blocks.
In addition to their ability to withstand repeated cycles of attack from rain and frost. These good quality bricks age hardens, and throughout independently controlled laboratory experiments, the bricks passed the most rigorous freeze-thaw tests. Designed to establish the durability classification for masonry.
Colour and finish may vary depending on the supplying works. Colour and texture cannot be guaranteed.
The bricks, which may be solid or frogged, are manufactured and tested in accordance with BS EN 771-3: 2011; Specification for Masonry Units: Aggregate Concrete Masonry Units.
As stated in this Standard they can be defined as Common masonry units normally intended for use with no faces left visible.
Suitable for applications such as:
- To adjust course heights in the blockwork.
- Used above & below DPC.
- In conjunction with block.
Please note that we would advise viewing the product before purchase.
Marshall Mono Common Brick Specification
- Work Dimensions (mm): 215 x 100 x 65
- Nominal Dimensions (mm): 215 x 100 x 65
- Durability (Freeze-thaw): Based on Table 15 of PD 6697:2010common bricks are classed as frost resistant and suitable for use below or near external ground level with a high risk of saturation and freezing
- Thermal Conductivity (Kvalue): 1.24 W/mK @ 3% 1.33 W/mK @ 5%
- Compressive Strength: (MPa) >22.5N/mm2 mean, air dry
- Water Vapour Permeability: 5/15μ (Tabulated from EN 1745)
- Shear Bond Strength: 0.15N/mm2 (Tabulated from EN 998-2: 2003, Annex C)
- Dimensional Stability: <0.6mm/m