Looking for an easy and thermally efficient way to add some extra warmth to your home this winter? Look no further than our Retrofit Underfloor Heating Kits!
These kits come with everything you need to retrofit underfloor heating systems, and they’re easy to install too!
These UFH systems are designed for easy installation, and will help to evenly distribute heat throughout your space. Not only are they a great way to stay cosy and comfortable during the colder months, but installing underfloor heating can also help to reduce your energy bills.
A retrofit underfloor heating system helps to regulate the temperature in a room by using radiant heat. This type of underfloor heating system is often used in homes and businesses to save energy and money.
The way it works is by circulating warm water through a series of underfloor heating pipes that are installed beneath the floor. This heats the floor surface and radiates warmth throughout the room, which makes it more comfortable for people to be in and maximises thermal efficiency.
Retrofit underfloor heating packs can generally be installed directly onto either a concrete floor, or timber floors, in an existing house, using insulation fixing discs with screws, bonding agent or a quality tile adhesive.
This overlay retro fit underfloor heating kit can have tiles laid directly onto it, without the need for a primer. However, with the addition of a self levelling compound, virtually any floor covering can be used.
Benefits of Using a Retrofit UFH System
- Low profile systems
- Quick and easy to install
- High compressive strength
- Tiles can be laid directly on top
- Suitable for most floor finishes
- Suitable for use with boilers or heat pumps
- Energy efficient
With our retrofit underfloor heating kits, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of an underfloor heating system in no time.
Retrofit Underfloor Heating System Pack Contents
Please select the pack size required for actual content.
- 16mm Pipe – As Required
- Single Loop Control Pack or Manifold and Pump Set
- Reducers and/or 16mm Compression Couplings- As Required
- Bend Supports- As Required
- 1200 x 600 x 20mm Insulation Panels- As Required
- Scrim Tape – As Required
The floor must always be level when retrofitting underfloor heating systems, using a self levelling compound like Ultra Floor Level It Renovate.
If your desired floor finish is laminate, vinyl, carpet, or wood, then a minimum of 7-10mm self-leveller/latex will be required over the panels, depending on the manufacturers specifications.
Insulation Panels Specification
- Total overall dimensions – 1200mm x 600 mm x 20mm
- Pipe Diameter – 16mm
- Thermal conductivity – 0.033 W/mk
- Pipe centres – 150mm
- Material – Cement Reinforced Surface XPS
- Water Absorption – 0.6%
- Compression Strength – 400 Kpa
- Temperature Range – -50 deg to 75 deg Centigrade
- Fire performance – BS 476 / EN13501-1 Class 0 / Euroclass E
- Sound Reduction – BS EN ISO 10140-3 19dB ( 6mm )
- Weight – 2.48 kg
The image is an illustration only, we may supply kits with either a Wilo or Grundfos pump. if you have a preference please leave a note and we will do our best to accommodate. Our manifolds are high-quality Manufactured Stainless Steel.