Thermosphere HDF overlay boards are constructed to the highest quality. With an HDF 3mm baseboards and 4mm top boards. Each board is coated with a special interactive contact adhesive. Which gives a strong, permanent full-surface bond. Strict quality controls during production guarantee excellent results and a trouble-free installation. Used with our Foiled insulation system and when Carpet or Vinyl is the chosen floor finish.
Thermosphere HDF Overlay Boards Specification
- Thickness / Tolerance: 7mm (±0.2mm)
- Top board thickness: 4mm
- Baseboard thickness: 3mm
- Board size: 600 x 1200mm
- Materials: HDF & adhesive
- Density: 770 Kg/m3
- Colour: Natural
- Bending strength: >40 kg/cm2
- Fire class: B2 DIN 4102
- Humidity: 4-10%
- Swelling after 24h in water: Max <40%
- Thermal resistance Rm: 0.047 m2 K W-1
- Formaldehyde degree: E – 1
- Pack contents: 8 boards
- Pack area: 2.88m2
- MPN – WCVF-HDFO
Overlay Boards Datasheet
- Any resilient floor coverings such as carpet, vinyl, linoleum, rubber, and cork can be fitted directly onto the surface of the HDF overlay board.
- The thermal insulation material (Eg Cushioning Underlay) below the heating system provides cushioning from step impacts. If you need to use an additional underlay ensure it has a low TOG rating. The greater the TOG rating the slower the heating system will react.
- For fixing carpet onto HDF overlay board it is recommended to use a tackifier adhesive or the double stick method of carpet installation.
- If using the stretch method of installation the gripper must be installed before the electrical heating system. In order for the gripper to function correctly, the top surface of the gripper should be level with the top surface of the HDF overlay board or underlay. This can be achieved either by using a timber spacer under a conventional gripper to raise it to the correct level.
- HDF overlay board boards must acclimatise in their sealed packaging, in the room where they are to be fitted, for at least 48 hours, at a temperature of at least 18°C. Before fitting HDF overlay board over a carbon (electrical) heating system, a polythene vapor barrier or ThermoSphere Cushioning Overlay (WCVFCUSHO) must be laid. This should be a minimum thickness of 200 microns / 800 gauge and joints must overlap by at least 200mm. These joints must then be sealed over their total length with a self-adhesive PVC cloth tape (Duct Tape).
- Before starting your installation of HDF overlay board ensure your sub-floor is permanently dry, clean, and free of dust.