6mm Uncoated Insulation Board has a very high compressive strength coupled with height build-up. Making this unique board is suited for use under our Mesh Mat and Membrane System, with a solid substrate.
Econoboard™ have a specially designed surface to provide an ultra-strong bond to the substrate. Uncoated Insulation Board is manufactured without the use of CFC or HCFC blowing agents. Econoboard™ is also environmentally friendly with zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP). It is recyclable and reduces your energy costs
When fixing tiles onto a timber floor it will generally need strengthening. This can be done using a minimum thickness of 6mm Coated Insulation, which must be fixed with a flexible cement-based tile adhesive. Our 10mm coated boards can be fixed with adhesive or screws and washers. Ensure that all floorboards are screwed down at 300mm centres before fixing Coated Insulation. Lay the Econoboard™ Coated across the floorboards at 90° for maximum stability.
Before fixing Econoboard™ to any floor make sure it is free from dust or any loose materials. If you are using adhesive, treat the floor with a suitable primer to ensure good adhesion. Solid concrete floors transmit the cold and dampness from below so Econoboard™ should be used before tiling for its excellent thermal properties.
Uncoated Insulation Board Technical Data
- Load Strength: 72Kg/m2
- Thermal Conductivity: 0.03 W/mk
- Water Absorption: 0.3%
- Temperature Range: -50OC to +75OC
- Fire Performance: Class B1
- Coefficient of Linear: 0.07mm/mk
- Shear Strength Mortar: 0.20N/mm2
- Tensile Strength: 0.45N/mm2
- Coverage: 6mm = 14.4m² .10mm = 7.2m²
- Dimensions: (L)1200 mm x (W)600 mm
- Previously Known As: 6mm – 6014.
- Standards BS EN ISO 1182, BS EN 13823, BS EN 13501
- Suitable For Underfloor Heating
- Thickness 6mm/10.5mm
- Unspsc 31371001
- Weight 3.4kg